2. Creating Custom Advanced Segmentation
Enough coding!! Now is the time to create some custom segments for some deep analysis.
In this section, we will set up a simple custom segment for all visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Advanced Segments > Create a new advanced segment
- Add the following dimensions:
3. Viewing Reports
If you’re still with us to this point, you are now ready to conduct analysis based on customized segments. Let’s apply the advanced segment we just created and compare it with another advanced segment:
Segment 1: visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
Segment 2: visitors who used the English version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
What if you don’t have an ecommerce site? No worries, the same concepts explained in the the above example are totally applicable to other types of sites. Lead generation sites, content sites and other types can definitely benefit from this powerful MCV feature. Just think of visitor segments & user actions that are important to you and then apply a similar implementation approach.
Now go out, segment, analyze and truly understand your users!
- Google Analytics – Custom Variables
- Deep Dive Analysis in Google Analytics: Secondary Dimensions and Pivoting
Posted by Jeff Gillis, Google Analytics Team
Contact UsContact Form
Let us help you Lift your business in the Search.
- Privacy-Savvy Search Engine DuckDuckGo Blocked in China
- 49% of U.K. Consumers Use Organic Search to Find Online Retailers [Study]
- 24-Hour Breakdown of Searches on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- "Content Performance Marketing" – 3 Steps to Future Success
- Former Google Employees Launch Adult Entertainment Search Engine
- Got a Boring Company Blog? Here’s How to Fix It
- Mobile Site Migration Planning: Rolling Your M-Dot Into Your .Com
- Google AdWords Offers Ad Creative at Scale for PPC
- Improved Targeting Available for Bing
- 4 Tools and Tips That Will Help You Be a More Analytical Marketer
Search this site.