2. Creating Custom Advanced Segmentation
Enough coding!! Now is the time to create some custom segments for some deep analysis.
In this section, we will set up a simple custom segment for all visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Advanced Segments > Create a new advanced segment
- Add the following dimensions:
3. Viewing Reports
If you’re still with us to this point, you are now ready to conduct analysis based on customized segments. Let’s apply the advanced segment we just created and compare it with another advanced segment:
Segment 1: visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
Segment 2: visitors who used the English version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
What if you don’t have an ecommerce site? No worries, the same concepts explained in the the above example are totally applicable to other types of sites. Lead generation sites, content sites and other types can definitely benefit from this powerful MCV feature. Just think of visitor segments & user actions that are important to you and then apply a similar implementation approach.
Now go out, segment, analyze and truly understand your users!
- Google Analytics – Custom Variables
- Deep Dive Analysis in Google Analytics: Secondary Dimensions and Pivoting
Posted by Jeff Gillis, Google Analytics Team
Contact UsContact Form
Let us help you Lift your business in the Search.
- Justifying Your Spend – Getting SEO Buy-In
- Holiday Season Link-Building
- Twitter Lets Users Search for Every Public Tweet Ever Sent
- Search Top Priority Among SMBs [Study]
- Are We Reaching the End of the Keyword Era?
- Target Adds Product Search to App in Time for Black Friday
- Google Officially Debuts "Mobile-Friendly" Labels
- Supercharge Your PPC Workflow
- How to Avoid Contributing to Content Bloat
- Google Discontinues Carousel for Local Search Results
Search this site.