2. Creating Custom Advanced Segmentation
Enough coding!! Now is the time to create some custom segments for some deep analysis.
In this section, we will set up a simple custom segment for all visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Advanced Segments > Create a new advanced segment
- Add the following dimensions:
3. Viewing Reports
If you’re still with us to this point, you are now ready to conduct analysis based on customized segments. Let’s apply the advanced segment we just created and compare it with another advanced segment:
Segment 1: visitors who used the Spanish version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
Segment 2: visitors who used the English version of the site, visited the men’s department, bought an item during their visit, looked at suits and visited the wedding registry section.
What if you don’t have an ecommerce site? No worries, the same concepts explained in the the above example are totally applicable to other types of sites. Lead generation sites, content sites and other types can definitely benefit from this powerful MCV feature. Just think of visitor segments & user actions that are important to you and then apply a similar implementation approach.
Now go out, segment, analyze and truly understand your users!
- Google Analytics – Custom Variables
- Deep Dive Analysis in Google Analytics: Secondary Dimensions and Pivoting
Posted by Jeff Gillis, Google Analytics Team
Contact UsContact Form
Let us help you Lift your business in the Search.
- 5 Most Important Takeaways From the Link Building Survey 2014
- 17 Keys to Success in Social PPC
- Twitter Cards: A Quick Start Guide
- 10 Social Media PR Lessons From #OITNB
- New Free Dynamic Sitelinks on Google AdWords Ads – Everything You Need to Know
- 6 Tips for Writing Successful LinkedIn Articles
- Retailers Outspend Luxury Brands on Luxury Keywords in Paid Search [Report]
- Google Has Removed 100,000 Links, Approved More Than Half of ‘Right to be Forgotten’ Requests
- 14 Top-Notch Resources to Help You Become a CRO Expert
- How to Use Twitter Lead Gen Cards to Increase Newsletter Sign-ups
Search this site.